WatchPoint Network Monitor
WatchPoint is a comprehensive enterprise-wide network monitoring and reporting solution, collecting and aggregating data from multiple network resources, making network performance management easy.
Information about network performance, top talkers, and overall network utilization is presented via a flexible web-based graphical interface. Summary and detailed reports are easily generated in many popular formats directly from your web browser.
WatchPoint is a highly flexible and scalable system, allowing for the deployment of one or more WatchPoint appliances as the number of network elements under management grows. The following diagram illustrates how various WatchPoint appliances might be deployed in a network where NetFlow, sFlow, and OmniFlow data are all being monitored simultaneously.
- Aggregates data from all sources into a single network view
- Collects and summarizes data from:
- OmniFlow-supported devices (OmniEngines / Omnipliances)
- NetFlow-supported devices (Cisco)
- sFlow-supported devices (Foundry Networks and others)
- Access to data at 1-minute granularity - always
- Includes the following analysis gadgets:
- Network Utilization
- Top Ports
- Top Nodes
- Top Collectors
- Top Flows
- In-depth network analysis with WildPackets Expert events
- Baseline monitoring
- Custom alerts/alarms based on any monitored data
- Scheduled PDF reports
- Allows for custom displays for each user
- Supports both IE and Firefox
With WatchPoint, Network Engineers and IT Staff Can:
- Monitor the entire network from a single dashboard anywhere there is network connectivity, responding immediately to network trends before they become problems
- Instantly transform WildPackets OmniEngine distributed network analysis deployments into a centrally managed monitoring solution for distributed enterprise networks
- Find the haystack, then find the needle - perform all levels of network analysis, from global monitoring to detailed analysis of individual IP packets, using a single solution
- Balance cost vs. visibility vs. data access - statistics only from NetFlow and sFlow and complete analysis from WildPackets OmniEngines
- Customize the WatchPoint dashboard for each individual user, giving each user access to exactly the data needed to be effective
- Instantly link with detailed, packet-level network troubleshooting capabilities, significantly reducing costs by leveraging a single solution from monitoring and reporting to troubleshooting.